POSTPONED – Maker-Fixer-Planter Day
Date & Time
Sun 15th Mar 2020
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Due the current situation with the coronavirus outbreak, as a precaution and social responsibility we have decided to postpone our Maker, Fixer, Planter event to later in the year. We much prefer a social and carefree day making, fixing and planting greatness in the woods together.
Thank you for your understanding.
Help needed at the Glade!
Sunday 15th March from 10am – 3pm
The Woodland Presents, a not-for-profit on the Dartington Estate, are striving to make British woodlands thrive by connecting people with trees and timber in new and meaningful ways. At our woodland venue ‘the Glade’ we run workshops, courses, maker-space, private and public events and a community woodland group. Our mission is to build a new woodland culture and start a ‘Treenaisance’.
We are seeking volunteers, helpers, diggers, woodworkers, carpenters, donors, supporters, dreamers, people with big smiles and warm hearts to help us rejuvenate our beautiful Glade with some needed fixing up and love in time for when the trees start budding.
We are reaching out to you and kindly asking for assistance to help us in our mission, whether big or small anything would be truly amazing.
Listed are some things we need help with;
- a workforce skilled or unskilled of carpenters, woodworkers, hammerers, ladder holders (we can train the unskilled and the skilled can teach their talents)
- woodworking and gardening tools and equipment to borrow for the day
- willing diggers and planters of wild flowers and shrubs to re-wild the area
- donations of wood to mend and enhance some of our structures, wood chipping to protect the forest floor and wild flowers for planting
- funding to help buy needed materials (like nails, rope ,canvas, carabiners to hoist up our parachutes)
- any support and ideas that you may want to bring
We will provide you with endless cups of hot and cold drinks, groovy music and wonderful woodland-made waffles and treemendous gratitude.
Let us know you can make it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions to the Glade here: thewoodland.co/directions
Thank you, TWP Team x