(Part time Volunteer Role)
We are a budding not-for-profit social enterprise striving to do some good in the world, based on the Dartington Estate grounds in the ‘North Woods’. We are here to make small British woodlands thrive, by connecting people with trees and timber in new and meaningful ways. We run a makers space facilitating courses, workshops, private and public events, tree planting initiatives and are a community woodland group in Totnes, South Devon. Sound interesting? Want to join in the mission to revive and reinvent 21st century woodland culture? Then read on.
We are looking for a self-motivated woodland being to help us build a forest haven and create some magical events.
In essence the treemendous individual we are seeking will:
- Manage the logistics and operational requirements of TWP events (both internal events and external bookings when required).
- Prepare the Glade site for events, including set up and take down (there is some physical work involved).
- Plan, schedule, and review workload and manpower required for events (e.g team required for set up/take down, number of bar person’s etc).
- Help maintain and manage the upkeep of the Glade site and store shed.
- Manage the store shed, checking that the inventory of equipment is accurate before and after events.
- Report any equipment loss/breakages to TWP team.
- Highlight any site damages/wear and tear to TWP team if you are unable to fix the problem yourself.
- Help manage the hire of equipment to site bookers, making sure that relevant equipment is fully charged and left onsite for events.
- Recruit a hub of operational event volunteers, managing the growth and success of the team.
- Appoint a volunteer Team Leader to be your right hand person and help you manage and recruit volunteers.
- Provide guidance to all your volunteer team.
- Communicate any changes in the order or delivery to the relevant parties.
- Assist with inductions required for site bookers (i.e. health and safety procedures).
- Hold a valid driver’s licence as using the company jeep is necessary.
- Willingness to get involved with the mission of the organisation.
- Available to attend team meetings when required.
- Liaising with TWP Development Manager for guidance.
Basic Hours: Dependant of our events schedule though average around 10-15
hrs per week (can sometimes be flexible to your availability)
Start Date: From December 2018/January 2019
In return for your time we can promise
- A supportive environment for you to try out your own ideas.
- Training and development in areas you would like to explore.
- A deep understanding of the issues facing British woodlands.
- Access to our facilities for your own use.
- You’ll be valued as much as any other member of our team.
This is an ever evolving part time voluntary role and we are open to new ideas, fresh perspectives and encourage initiative. It is also great way for you to spread your wings, gain experience working for a vibrant social enterprise. For more information on the company and Glade site see our website.
How to apply…
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com with a covering letter explaining why you would like to join TWP, what skills you can bring to the role, a little on what interests you have relating to the job and what your favourite tree is and why. If you’d rather not send your CV then you can find another way of telling us what you’ve spent your time doing 🙂
Friday 23rd November 2018 (we’ll be in touch shortly after this)
Thank you from The Woodland Presents Team.